Last updated April 2023
By visiting our Website or using our Services and submitting information, you unambiguously consent and agree to:
- The cross-border transfer of your personal information to locations outside your jurisdiction of residence;
- The use of e-mail notifications as a primary source of communication between you and Adept.
If you do not consent to any collection, processing, transfer or use of such information, please discontinue use of the Services.
Information We Collect
Adept Website Visitors
We and our partners may use a variety of technologies that collect your personal information in a variety of ways when you visit or interact with our Services. We also collect information that your web browser sends whenever you interact with our Services which may include IP address, browser and device information, time, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server, and other statistics such as which pages and features of the Services that you engage with.
We may use vendors, who use first-party and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Website. Google Analytics offers tools to manage your cookie settings at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and Google’s My Ad Center (myadcenter.google.com) allows you to easily customize certain ad settings. Microsoft Ads has an opt out at their website at about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/opt-out-of-the-microsoft-advertising-optimization-program On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests. Additional information for mobile users can be found at: youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Our Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may visit aboutads.info to receive more information about the collection and use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising or to learn how to opt-out of having your data used for online behavioral advertising by Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies. Canadian users can also visit youradchoices.ca European users can also visit youronlinechoices.com to learn how to opt-out of having their data used for online behavioral advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
When you sign up to receive marketing emails from Adept, the personal information that you provide is collected in order to identify you and personalize the email content we send to you. You may unsubscribe from the marketing email list at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link in the email. Please note that this does not cover system/transaction emails such as subscription notices, receipts, follow up communications, or other compulsory commercial or legal correspondence.
Adept Learning Platform Users
In order to provide you with the Services or to complete transactions which you have requested, we may request your personal information, including information required to register for an Adept Learning Platform account to provide you with the Services or to complete transactions which you have requested. This information may include your email and your first and last name. We and our third party-partners must process your personal information in order to make the Services available to you pursuant to the terms of your access. The particular data that is processed, and by whom, is relative to the particular content you access and the particular service you interact with.
As applicable, when registering for an Adept Learning Platform account, you may be asked to enter payment information, such as PayPal or credit card. We collect your payment information, as well as your billing address and telephone number for validation, compliance and recordkeeping purposes. Payment processing is securely handled by third parties.
Adept uses the personal information it collects to provide for and improve upon the Services. The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites or service providers. These third party services may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review those notices and policies. If any third party service is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the third party service or the privacy practices of the third party service.
Finally, please be mindful of personal information which you provide in any service forum which may be visible to other visitors or users, or your organization if applicable.
Communicating With Us
When you contact us for support, or otherwise communicate with us, we will attempt to connect that email, telephone call, or chat with your Adept account. If we are able to connect the communication to the account, this means your method of communication and the substance of the communication will become associated with your information.
Adept expressly discourages any customers from sending or transmitting any sensitive data via any unsecured networks or channels, including, but not limited to, any customer primary account number (“PAN”) or other credit card or payment data. You assume any and all risk associated with such transmissions.
Accessing Services Via Apps
When you download our Apps and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version, so we know the best application version to provide you with. During your use of the App, we and our partners may further collect data regarding your device, operating system, and location in order to optimize the Services we provide to you.
Information We Disclose
We will NEVER rent, sell, share, or otherwise disclose your personal data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. Before disclosing your data with third-parties or controllers (respectively defined under applicable law), we will provide you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out.
We may disclose your personal information with:
- Our contractors, service providers, processors and other businesses that we use to support our business and to the following categories:
- Website Hosting
- Data storage centers, database solutions and internal development tools.
- Administration Services
- Billing, accounting, payment processing, customer relationship management (CRM), customer account maintenance, internal and external communication tools.
- Service Delivery
- Video encoding, content delivery, and customer service tools.
- Mailing List
- Email marketing as opted into by customers and other necessary transactional communications.
- Website Interaction Technologies
- Cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels and similar website interaction technologies
- Contractor Services
- Software engineering, video and written content creation and design, and other marketing services
- Website Hosting
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Adept is among the assets transferred.
- To your organization’s designees, or any account administrator if any.
- To other third parties with your express consent or that of your organization’s designees, if any.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a lawful request by public authorities, including valid court orders or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; this may include exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We accept full responsibility for any and all transfers of your personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party giving rise to the damages.
Where We Keep Your Data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will also be processed by staff both within and outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and/or the provision of support services. Your data is maintained in servers that are located in the United States, and your data may be processed in the United States, Mexico, Australia, United Kingdom, and countries for which there has been an adequacy decision and/or with appropriate safeguards. Not all of these countries are considered by the European Commission to offer adequate protection of your personal data. For these cases, Adept has put into place appropriate safeguards to ensure adequate protection of your data as well as other technical and organizational safeguards.
We retain personal data for seven years from a User’s last system access or termination of the last subscription period, whichever is later, unless such data must be retained for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Through the Website you can access information regarding your recent transactions, your personal information, marketing preferences, and payment settings. With respect to your marketing preferences, you can unsubscribe from Adept marketing emails by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive. We offer marketing email recipients the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications in every email, with the exception of non-commercial service emails, such as service orders, system updates, or support issues.
If your password or username is compromised, please notify us as soon as possible by using the contact information below. We reserve the right to reset passwords for inactive accounts or due to suspicious account activity.
Adept acknowledges that you may have certain rights relating to your personal information/data, subject to local data privacy laws (“Data Privacy Laws”). Depending on the applicable Data Privacy Laws, this may include the right to:
- Access your personal information that we maintain;
- Request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Request that we erase or delete your personal information;
- Categories of your personal information processed
- Categories of the source of your personal information
- Business purpose for processing the specific categories of your personal information
- Categories of third parties that process your personal information
- Specific pieces of personal information collected
- To opt out of sharing your personal information with a “third party” or “controller” (excluding “service providers,” “businesses,” “contractors” or “processors”);
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under applicable Data Privacy Laws; and
- Request that Adept transfer your personal information to another controller/business to the extent possible.
Any individual who seeks to exercise a right under an applicable data Privacy Law should direct their query to:
Unfortunately, no online data transmission can be fully guaranteed to be secure. Thus, by accessing the Website and/or utilizing the Services, you acknowledge that: (a) there are online security and privacy limitations that are beyond Adept’s control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and Adept through the Website cannot be fully guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party, unless otherwise provided by law, for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information not resulting from the direct tortious fault of Adept; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.